From Genesis To Revelation

Monday, September 12, 2011

People Get Ready

Enoch walked with God;
and he was not,
for God took him.
Genesis 5:24

“Enoch walked with God.” This statement amazes me. Is there any greater acclamation than to be written down in history and remembered as one who walked with God?

At 105 years old, Seth had his son Enos; then men began to call upon the name of the Lord. They began to pray, to call upon God for salvation.
One hundred and thirty years had passed since the fall of man and their being cast out of the garden. Sin was here, and its effect on mankind already quite evident.

We know this from what is written in Genesis chapter four, murders and lust and disobedience to our Creator already abounding. Yet here in this son of Adam, the one called Seth, God begins His remnant. Man began to call on the name of the Lord.

Six generations from Seth, seventh from Adam (Jude 1:14), Enoch is born, and Enoch walked with God. We learn from the book of Jude that Enoch was also a prophet, the first man to be recorded as a prophet of God.

At the age of sixty-five, Enoch had a son, and his name was to be Methuselah. Methuselah’s name means “when he dies, it will be sent.” I believe God let Enoch know that judgment was coming upon the earth. God let Enoch know when it was coming through the name of his son Methuselah. Methuselah would have a son, Lamech, and Lamech would have a son and name him Noah. In the day of Noah, God would send judgment upon the earth.

There is more for us to learn from Enoch’s relationship with God. He “walked with God; and he was not, for God took him” (Genesis 5:24). Enoch did not experience the great judgment that would come in the day of Noah because he died a physical death, but because God took him.

Through Enoch’s experience I believe we can see a picture of the rapture of the church: “Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord” (1 Thessalonians 4:17).

Today the church is here. We are here walking with God. We have a relationship with God. We are calling on His name. We are to be telling others about the judgment that God has said is yet to come. We as the church are to be sharing the gospel of God, just as Enoch did, and one day before the great day of judgment comes, just as God took Enoch, He shall take His church.

My friend, if He came to catch up His church today, would you be ready?

Oh Father,
You are so good. How awesome it is to know that You are the living God. You are not made with stone or wood. You are not a God that I pick up and have to carry. You are a God that carries me! You are a God that walks with those who call upon Your name. I do not have to search You out, nor do I have to travel miles to a temple built by the hands of men, for You come to me.
Oh Father, that I would never take for granted the relationship that I have with You. That I too, will be recorded as one who walked with You and called upon Your name. How exciting it is to think of being caught up with You in the air. My Father, I love You and I am humbled to even be able to call You Father. Thank You for loving me.

In Jesus’ name I pray,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment