From Genesis To Revelation

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Mouthpeace

Moreover,
he shall speak for you to the people;
and he will be as a mouth for you
and you will be as God to him.
Exodus 4:16

God was angry with Moses. God's anger burned against Moses because he doubted Him. Yet even in God's anger He did not forsake Moses, nor did He revoke His calling on Moses. Moses would accomplish what God had purposed for him to accomplish. He would go to Egypt and he would do all that God had commanded him to do.

Moses would not do this on his own, or in his own strength. Even though God was angry about it, He met Moses where he was and gave him help. God's anger is not like our anger. God is not controlled by emotions as we can be and God never acts unjustly. He is righteous at all times, even in His anger and wrath.

God unites Moses with Aaron, his natural brother. Aaron would be the speaker for Moses. Aaron would be his mouth, his ambassador, and God would be with them both. However, Aaron would not speak with God Himself. Moses alone was allowed to speak directly with God. In this God showed that He had set Moses above all others in Israel and Egypt. Moses became the mediator between the children of Israel and their God. God tells Moses that he would "be as God" to Aaron.

Oh precious one, do you know that this is true in your life as well. Do you have children? Do you have nieces, nephews, grandchildren, brothers, sisters? Do you know that if you are in Christ, you too have been called to be an ambassador, a mediator, an intercessor?

Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ,
as though God were making an appeal through us;
we beg you on behalf of Christ,
be reconciled to God. 
2 Corinthians 5:20  

Do you understand that until someone comes to know Christ and even as they are maturing in their relationship with Christ, you are "as God" to them? A sobering thought isn't it.

How are you representing Christ today?
Is God with your mouth?
Are you saying what He has commanded you to say?
Are you willing and able to be used by God to be a mouth that brings the way of peace (Luke 1:79)?

These are serious questions that we need to be asking ourselves. We need to frequently "examine ourselves" (2 Corinthians 13:5) and make sure that we are indeed in the kingdom of heaven. We must look at our life and see if our words and actions represent the kingdom of this world or the kingdom of our God. 

Oh Father,

How I desire to represent You well. There are eyes and ears all around me. They see what I do, how I act, and they hear what I say and how I say it. Oh Father, be with my mouth. May the words of my mouth be Your words. May I always be open to You, allowing You to teach me what I am to say. May I present an accurate picture of Your character, so that when I speak as an ambassador of Christ, people will listen. May You be able to make an appeal to them through me. May I represent Your kingdom well.

My Jesus, it is in Your name I pray,
Amen

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! So inspiring and truly reflecting the heart of God. I found your blog from SCL and that's where I started this idea.

    If you go to my site, MarkWritesWords.com, and comment on any blog, then I will continue to check back and comment on your site as well.

    Let's start a community of aspiring Jon Acuff's and encourage one another.

    What do you think? Ready, Set, Go to MarkWritesWords.com and comment!

    ReplyDelete