From Genesis To Revelation

Friday, January 13, 2012

My Deliverer Is Coming

"So God heard their groaning;
and God remembered His covenant
with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob."  
Exodus 2:24

When we say we remember something, it is usually after having forgotten it first. We can read this verse and possibly get a picture of God up in heaven taking care of business and then looking down upon earth and saying with surprise, "oh my I forgot all about that covenant I made with Abraham, look down there at the mess they are in!"

Friend, God is not a man that He should forget. When God says He remembers, it just simply means that it is now the time to put His Word into action.

In Genesis 15:13-14 before God cut His covenant with Abram, He told Abram that his descendants would be strangers in a foreign land and that they would be enslaved and oppressed for four hundred years. God also said that He would judge the nation who had enslaved them, and Abram's descendants would walk out of that nation with many possessions.

What God says, God accomplishes.

For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
And do not return there without watering the earth
And making it bear and sprout,
And furnishing seed to the sower
and bread to the eater;
So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth;
It will not return to Me empty,
Without accomplishing what I desire,
And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.
Isaiah 55:10-11                                      

When God says that He has remembered His covenant with Abraham, He means it is time for His Word to be fulfilled. He means that the enslavement time is accomplished and now it is time for the deliverance. The judgment of the nation is at hand. We have the privilege to be able to look back and see that God does in fact, judge this nation.

We will look at this judgment, this deliverance of Abraham's descendants, as we walk through Exodus together. My prayer dear friend is that you get a firm grasp on this truth: God doesn't change. Malachi 3:6 says "For I, the LORD, do not change:..." Hebrews 13:8 says "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

We can trust that if God fulfilled His covenant, His Word to Abraham, He will fulfill His Word to us. God does not pick and choose which promises He is going to keep. His Word is solid and true.

Oh precious one there is another great and mighty judgment to come. A spiritual nation that that has held the people of God in bondage and oppressed them since the beginning. This nation that has at times controlled other nations through "...the world forces of this darkness..." (Ephesians 6:12).

This nation will one day manifest itself on this earth, and quickly after it does, this nation will be destroyed and all who willingly serve in her. In Revelation 18:4-5 the Word declares, "...Come out of her, my people, so that you will not participate in her sins and receive of her plagues; for her sins have piled up as high as heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities."

We are all born into this nation, this domain of darkness. We are natural descendants of her, but glory and praise be to God, in and through Christ, we are rescued from this domain of darkness and transferred into the kingdom of God (Colossians 1:13).

As citizens of heaven and followers of Christ, "Therefore, 'COME OUT FROM THEIR MIDST AND BE SEPARATE', says the Lord..." (2 Corinthians 6:17)


Oh Father,

How thankful I am for Your deliverance. How thankful I am that in a world that is constantly changing You remain the same. How thankful I am that I can take You at Your Word, that I can, with confidence, cling to Your promises.
Oh Father as You made a promise to Abram, that one day his descendants would be free from their enslavement and they would live in the land that You had designated for them, so You too have promised those who are Abraham's descendants through faith in Christ. We are first delivered from this earthly domain of darkness and one day we will be delivered from this domain of flesh. "For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory..." (Philippians 3:20-21).
In 1 John 3:2 I read "...We know that when He appears,we will be like Him..." Oh Father how I long for the day that I will be like Him. Free now from sin's power, free then from sin's presence. Yes, that will be a day of great deliverance. Until that day, as I have this hope fixed on Christ, may I purify myself as He is pure (1 John 3:3).
May I come out from this domain of darkness and not live according to this domain of flesh. May I abide in Christ and live according to the Holy Spirit within me so that when He appears I may have confidence and not shrink away from Him in shame (1 John 2:28).

My Jesus I love You,
It is in Your name I pray,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment