From Genesis To Revelation

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Rescue Is Coming

Then Moses returned to the LORD and said,
'O Lord, why have You brought harm
to this people?
Why did You ever send me?
Exodus 5:22

Have you ever finally gotten the nerve to be obedient to the leading of the Holy Spirit and share the freedom and joy of knowing Christ with someone and then watch their lives get worse? Have you ever prayed with someone who prayed to receive salvation in Christ and then the moment their life didn't turn into a bed of roses they denounced Christ and walked away from Hm? Have you ever turned to God and said these words that Moses poured out to his LORD?

Moses went to the children of Israel and to Pharaoh and said what God had told him to say.
To Israel: God had promised that He would set them free and they bowed low and worshiped Him.
To Pharaoh: God had asked him to let Israel go free to come and worship Him.

I suppose Israel assumed that Pharaoh would readily set them free, but this was not the case. Pharaoh turned up the heat. He made their work harder for them. This response of Pharaoh takes me to the book of Job.

In Job 1 we read of an encounter between God and Satan. God points Job out to Satan and tells him how Job is a servant of God, blameless and upright in his ways. Then Satan responds with "Does Job fear God for nothing? Have You not made a hedge about him and his house and all that he has, on every side?...But put forth Your hand now and touch all that he has; he will surely curse You to Your face." (Job 1:9-11)

Oh precious one, do you see the spirit of Satan working in and through Pharaoh? Satan knows our human nature. He knows how easy it is for man to worship something when it seems like he is gaining an advantage for doing so.

Once again this goes all the way back to the garden when Eve thought her advantage in life would come through her own wisdom and knowledge and through the pleasure of her flesh and not though submission to her Creator.

God has pointed Israel out to Satan through Moses and said they are My people, My servants and they will worship Me. Satan responds through Pharaoh and says, well, we'll see about that! When the work load increases on Israel, Satan gets the response he expected and very much wanted. The people turn their backs on Moses and on God.

When Job's persecution began he did not turn his back on God. He ran to God. Job "fell to the ground and worshiped." (Job 1:20) It is written that through all Job went through he "did not sin nor did he blame God." (Job 1:22) Job declared "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD." (Job 1:21) My friend we must love and obey our God not because He makes us feel good, not because He gives us what we want, but simply because He is God.

Jesus teaches a parable about a sower in Matthew 13:18-23. In this parable He speaks of a person "who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; yet he has no firm root in himself, but is only temporary, and when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he falls away." (Matthew 13:20-21) We see this parable played out perfectly in the children of Israel and we have seen it played out in many ways and through and many others since, even to this very day. Perhaps it is even being played out in your very own heart.

My friend if you are experiencing persecution and affliction don't run from God, run to Him.

He can handle your hurt. He can handle your confusion. Moses did not understand why God had allowed this persecution, so Moses came before God and asked why. Moses is crying out for immediate deliverance, but God is not going to give immediate deliverance in this situation. God is going to give a mighty and awesome and glory-filled deliverance that is going to spread the name of the people of Israel and the name of her God throughout all the world.

Oh precious one if you are suffering for the Word of God that you have received know that God has not abandoned you. Hold fast, stand firm, and worship Him for greater glory is coming!




Oh Father,

You are good even when I am in the midst of affliction. I trust You my God. I know that as Your child my life is filtered through Your holy fingers. You will not allow anything in my life that I can not get through in Your strength (1 Corinthians 10:13). With this promise in my heart and this knowledge in my mind, I will praise You no matter how great the storm. Though the waves may crash hard and though the wind may slam my world, I will stand firm on You my solid rock (Matthew 7:24-25). I will not allow the enemy to turn my heart from You. My mouth may cry out why, my soul may be in anguish, but my heart is Yours no matter the circumstance.

My Jesus it is in Your name I pray,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment